(Eye Bags Removal) Services in
As people age, skin, muscles, ligaments, and lids all get lax. This can cause under-eye bags along with tear trough deformity, crepe-like skin, festoons, changes in the shape of the lower lid to occur, and dark circles under the eyes, making patients unhappy with their appearance. A lower blepharoplasty (sometimes called a “lower bleph”) addresses those bags under the eyes, helping patients achieve a more refreshed and desirable look.
People in the Waco and Central Texas area no longer do not need to venture to other areas of the state to receive professional plastic surgery services. Dr. Charles Guy and the highly regarded team at Facial Plastic Surgery of Central Texas offer patients a range of advanced cosmetic services from the collar bone up, including lower blepharoplasty procedures. Learn more about this safe and effective procedure and what to expect.
What Is Lower Blepharoplasty?
With age, the body’s skin stretches and the muscles supporting it weaken. One of the most noticeable areas of this can be found when looking at the skin under the eyes. Aging adults can experience excess skin and fat under their eyes, resulting in unflattering bags. Blepharoplasty refers to a type of eye modification surgery that removes excess skin from the eyelids.
Depending on the specific need, a lower-lid blepharoplasty will include tightening or removing the skin, removing or repositioning fat, repositioning the lower lid, and/or replacing lost volume. Having a natural transition from the lower lid to the cheek is what gives a patient the rested, more youthful look they desire.
Lower blepharoplasty is usually done in the operating room under anesthesia, but on occasion can be done in the office at Facial Plastic Surgery of Central Texas. Patients undergoing this procedure can expect the following:
- Patients may have sutures that will be removed in the office five to six days after the surgery, but certain cases are done without incisions.
- The eyelids will swell. At two weeks after surgery, 80% of the swelling will be resolved. After two months, the rest will resolve.
- Bruising will migrate down the face. This will resolve in the first couple of weeks as the bruise goes through its color changes and ultimately disappears.
- Patients may have some temporary tearing throughout the day or crusts on the eyelids after sleeping. This usually resolves in one to two weeks.
- Patients may experience a sensation of dry eyes that should improve with time.
- Patients will be given a prescription for pain medications, as well as an antibiotic.
After the procedure, the team will provide patients with detailed instructions on how to properly care for the treatment area. To help patients speed up their recovery, Facial Plastic Surgery of Central Texas recommends the following:
- Use ice packs around the treatment area to help reduce swelling.
- Wear dark sunglasses to protect the skin of the eyelids from the sun and wind.
- Sleep with the head elevated higher than the chest for a few days following the procedure.
Patients should try their best to refrain from rubbing their eyes as it can cause irritation and slow the recovery process.
Why Choose a Lower
Given its many advantages, individuals elect to receive lower eyelid surgery for a variety of reasons. Scenarios in which a person may consider the lower blepharoplasty procedure include:
Patients Have Wrinkles or Bags Under Their Eyes
Aging, smoking, sun exposure, and other factors can cause the skin under the eyes to form noticeable wrinkles or bags. These imperfections often make people feel self-conscious about their appearance, decreasing confidence. Lower blepharoplasty offers patients with this emotional reaction the ideal solution.
Patients Are Looking for a More Youthful Look
The eyes are often the first thing people notice about a person. The goal of any lower blepharoplasty procedure is to create a more youthful and attractive appearance in the eyes, which brightens up the entire face.
in Central Texas
Those unsatisfied with their appearance due to excess skin under the eyes should consider lower blepharoplasty from Facial Plastic Surgery of Central Texas. Located in Waco, TX, the team offers a range of professional and safe cosmetic surgery services, helping clients achieve a look that boosts self-esteem. Dedication to patients’ needs and well-being has earned Facial Plastic Surgery of Central Texas a strong reputation. For more information about this eye bag surgery or other procedures, contact the office today to request a consultation.